Monday, March 27, 2017

Beer review my trip to Eureka Heights Brewery

Welcome to the Brad Essex report here what i'm looking at this week. This week we are taking a break from politics. Andrew Breitbart once said politic is downstream from pop culture. So I'm going to tell you about my trip to the Eureka Heights Brewery.


It's was a lazy Friday afternoon in Houston. Cloudy and humid. Me and my brother made the trek from Cypress to Houston. Pretty soon we were at the brewery and we meet Heather one of the owners of the Brewery. She told us about what they had and talked to my brother about owner brent being at the rodeo since my brother was a gatekeeper.

So we head to the bar. My first beer was a Wicket Awesome. A tasty light beer, It had a crisp taste to it and a little hop to it. My brother had the Moo Caliente which I'll talk about in a second. First the Brewery is very open spaced you don't feel too crowded. Also got long tables to spread out and feel comfortable in.

Now the next beer I tried is the Moo Caliente this is a dark beer with a little bit of a kick to it. It has cinnamon and Cayenne pepper in it to give a good warm taste to this stout. In the wintertime this would be an excellent drink to savor.

The place had many stuff to do too. Like giant block Jenga. Test your roping skills with the dummy bull. Plus pinball and trivial pursuit deck to test your knowledge. me and my brother did trivia while waiting for my brother cousin in law Carl to come over.


Meanwhile I then had the Mostly Harmless. This was my least favorite of the batch it had a citrus taste to it that I didn't like. It was trying too hard to be a shocktop beer. Thou to be honest, I'll try it again to see if I was wrong about it.



Then Carl came over and we started talking. Then we tried two alternate Wicket awesome. One made with Vanilla and one made with Snickers. The Vanilla one was a smooth drink. It was like drinking a beer with ice cream it was delightful. The Snicker one thou was a miss. It sorta tasted too flat for me. You could taste the nuts in it. It ended my day on a down note as far as beers go.


After saying bye to Carl we talked to Heather a little more. Then found out more about the brewery and activity. It has Sunday video games night for the retro gamer that play the games on a 20 foot screen. Also they have food trucks that come by so you can get your grub on. Spoiler alert do not go on a Friday during lent. The BBQ truck was a strong temptation to me and my bro.

Also they have a Yoga night. Plus Trivia night and beer tasting night on Thursday. If you want to sample their beer they have a sampler. They also have Eureka gears and stickers to support the brand. Finally they also have cans of beers. So if you want to take some home you can.

I like to thank Heather and Brent for showing us around. I can't wait to come over again when it's not meatless Friday and eat and drink beers there.


If you want to know more about them. Please visit their website. http://www.eurekaheights.com Tell them Brad sent you over.

No comments: