Saturday, May 7, 2016

Mother Day Post

Welcome to the Brad Essex Report. I'm Brad Essex and here what I'm looking at this week. Eating a bowl of cereal. It was a tradition of my grandfather and I. Tradition is what drive me as a person. That why when my grandfather died it wasn't a end of the tradition it was only the beginning. My mom tradition with me was going to the store to get her and me a coke. Plus sometime get cigarettes for her.

My mom was the most important person in my life. She was smart, funny and caring. She was always there for her family maybe a little too much some time. She cared about me and my brother. We all love watching sports. She was very active in my brother booster club. Also me and my mom would go to our Alma mater Carroll high school football games. The one thing she was most proud of was my brother being a father. She was so happy to see him be a doting dad to his son. I would also think she would of been proud of her three other grand kids too Paige,Jessica,and Micheal. To me she was my biggest cheerleader. She always knew I would be a success in writing.  Thou she passed before seeing me get hired as a writer for brietbart.com. Plus not seeing the success of this site. Also the many interviews I've given thru out the years.

She was the one that started me on this path of writing about politic. She and my Grand mom her mom ran the polling station in Corpus Christi. They taught me that voting is a true mark of power for we the people are the one who weld the power not government. I miss her very much and think of her everyday.

The same could be said about my other mom. Many people would call her a step mom I don't. She was there for me when my mom passed. Thru the years she is not the encouraging type of mom. She is a mom that wanted you to stand on your own. She is always there with a kind word. She is there with food on the table after you worked for 9 hours at a job where people mistreated you. She is always try to be the rock of the family. Even thou I am not her son by birth I know she she loved me and my brother as if we were.


So on this mother day try to remember the mom in your life even if they're not your birth mom and remember the kindness and love they brought you into your life. After all without a mom there would be no us.

I'm not writing anything about politic this week because it mother day weekend and our mom need to know that we love them.

No comments: